Grilled Chicken Avocado Wrap

Okay, I confess the bags are still mostly unpacked, and I'm already gearing up to head over to Seattle for the weekend to attend the cheese festival. Since my last post, I have put new vegetable beds in, and I planted the equivalent of half a fresh produce stand. We'll see what will come from it!

In the meantime, the freezer project continues. Lately, with school and work, I've resorted to the easy-dinner option: grilled chicken with potatoes and a salad. There is barely anything better than the smell of grilled chicken when you walk into the kitchen, and the sight of a golden chicken with crispy, paperthin skin and juicy legs. I will pen down the exact ingredients and instructions for a Sunday meal one of these days!

For today, I played the leftover game. This is where I round up every little container and ziploc baggie in the refrigerator and fix a meal out of it. I was in luck: four tortilla wraps, two cups of grilled chicken meat and half an avocado.

Grilled Chicken Avocado Wrap

4 tortilla wraps
2 cups of grilled chicken meat
1/2 avocado
1 cup of shredded cheese
2 tablespoons of your favorite salsa
salt & pepper

Heat up your GF grill or grill pan. In the meantime, dice the grilled chicken meat and the avocado and mix in a bowl. Fold in the cheese and the salsa and add some salt and pepper to taste. Heat the tortillas briefly in the microwave so that they are easier to fold, place two spoons of chicken mix in the middle and fold each tortilla as if it were a burrito. Grill for several minutes or until the wraps are warm.

Serve with additional salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment